Topic 1 – Tips for Self-Improvement in a Crisis
- Some people will emerge as millionaires after this pandemic – will that be you?
- You need to think of innovative ways to keep doing what you are doing but better; both now and after Covid-19
- It is important for entrepreneurs to take advantage of the many free online trainings out there. We recommend that you take a course on Management, Marketing and Finance.
- Have a leader’s mentality, be courageous, and don’t lose your confidence. Get busy with something productive. Crisis are for limited time.
- For your cash flow, you may need to speak with your banker to reschedule your loans.
- Start thinking outside the box. Have a brainstorming session with your employees on WhatsApp, or any other platform.
- You need to repackage your product, your company and yourself. Product positioning is very important.
Topic 2 – Building A Digital Marketing Strategy in this New Era
- Reach out to a sample of your customers and do a survey on their satisfaction with your customer service and with your products or service.
- Look around at your competitors. What are they doing right and wrong? Success leave clues everywhere. Check out what others successful people are doing.
- Take a fresh look at the channels you are using to market your business. Has anything changed from the year before? Use analytics to determine what channels you should prioritize with more budget & time.
- Make an internal audit of employees. Look at your staff that do marketing. Do you have the right people? Do their skills match the work needed against the KPI’s?
- Create a comprehensive plan for your marketing efforts. It should describe what you need to be successful, why and how much it will cost.
- It is imperative that you automate as many tasks as possible.
- Create a detailed map of your customer’s journey to find your product or service. (include digital and non-digital channels)
Topic 3 – Fundraising & Accessing Finance During a Crisis: COVID 19
- This is not time to be shy about approaching an investor. Investors are people too and have been affected by the crisis. Revisit that investor, but not with the “pre-crisis” pitch or project. REFLECT THE NEW. NOT BUSINESS AS USUAL
- Develop a social impact component of your business that can be respond to environment situations (e.g. Covid-19)
- During crisis like COVID-19, grants and social investments are deployed into the society to mitigate/alleviate the impact it would have on the economy. Research who is giving or investing in your sector.
- Develop a 1-page communication sheet on your business and what it is doing in this period – Disseminate widely
- Forge partnerships or consortiums to apply for grants. e.g. Social enterprise funds are available for lead partners in the EU
- Do not be caught unawares, design a “Post-COVID fundraising strategy” now